Sunday, January 30, 2022

Happy New Year!!!

 Well, it is a new year now and we have had a few setbacks. One, our van for Hope Station USA cannot be fixed so we had to let it go. Two, I just had both of my big toes amputated in September, so nothing could be done until I recovered. Now I am having foot surgery on Thursday to correct some issues with my foot that are causing the sores which lead to amputations. Other than that things are progressing slowly and I won't be able to do much of anything outside until my foot is healed and I will be able to walk on it.

We have been sitting down and coming up with ideas to bring in some funding other than donating some of my money to Hope Station USA. We missed our date for Orlando street fundraising due to my toes and cannot apply for another permit until April for Orlando. I am looking into other places to get a permit and hopefully, some grants will come in.

I have been spending time getting things set up here at home for my surgery and being back in a wheelchair. We will make a strong effort to move Hope Station USA along this year. Today is our thirteenth year anniversary since incorporating and beginning operations. We are so proud of that. It has been a battle all the way with losing our Treasurer to cancer and then with my health issues. I am a survivor just like every homeless person living out in the streets.

Well, we have lots of things to get into motion and I will leave you with this post until the next. Have a great and blessed day and if you see a homeless person please give them a smile and let them know they are in your thoughts and prayers. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment