Friday, February 1, 2019

2/1/2019 Status Update

Hello everyone and again my prayers go out to those sleeping out in the cold and may they be safe from harm. Today was a good day and I still cannot forget about last week when my husband and I went down to Atlanta to pass out bag lunches to those sleeping on the sidewalks. We are going to have to get a video next time it was just dark by the time we got down there and found all of them.

I saw a man today while out getting some groceries sitting on the curb and he had a sign that stated, "I'm hungry" and it yanked at my heartstrings once again. I still had some bag lunches in the car with no sandwiches in them, so I bought a hamburger to go in the bag with the chips and drink and gave it to him. He was so appreciative that I gave him something to eat. I also gave him a hygiene kit and a box of donuts that I had just bought in the store. I figure he needed it more than myself since I am diabetic.

I felt good to know that I helped someone today even if it was just giving him something to eat. He was happy as he sat there eating it and I was happy knowing that I still had those items in the car. I cannot express how much compassion I have for the homeless and their story. Eventually, I will get with some of them and get their story just so that I can tell it to everyone. Most of society see the homeless as being in their situation because of drugs and alcohol, but if you ever got the chance to talk to one of them and got to know the person, you would see something entirely different.

I still need to get on the phone and make arrangements to set up tables for donations, but I need to get our finances in check first so that we will have the gas to make the trip. A lot of what we are handing out comes from our own finances when we have it to spare. We have not been operating lately because of me being ill and having all the doctor appointments, but I am good now and ready to get things moving.

Not only does my daily schedule work for my book writing and authorship, but it incorporates things for Hope Station like grant writing and program planning. Tomorrow after working the flea market for Hope Station, I have some foundations and grant research to do. I finally broke down and drew up the physical plan for the new program and now I just need to get the paperwork and financials of it down and ready to present to foundations.

Well, this was just a quick update because I need to get candles finished and ready for tomorrow's sale. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and remember to help someone out less fortunate than yourself. Pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment