Saturday, February 9, 2019

2/9/2019 Status Update

Good morning everyone. How are you? My thoughts and prayers are with those sleeping on the streets tonight and may you stay warm. I have some good news to announce to everyone. I just spoke with my husband who is also a director of Hope Station USA about a charity state walk for homelessness awareness.

I attempted a walk across the country back in 2010 from Orlando, Florida to Los Angeles, California which had to end abruptly due to my support person/Treasurer getting sick that we had to return to Florida where she battled Cancer for a couple of years because of no health insurance and we lost her in 2017.

I want to raise awareness of the homelessness issue here in the United States one state at a time. I have a goal to set it up for September so that it will not be so hot out there while I walk. He agreed to let me do a state walk for each state we are registered in to show our support of the issue. I have health goals to make before doing this and I believe I can do it.

On another note, I will begin working on paperwork today to get our new program together to submit to foundations for funding. It is a good day for getting things done. I will be working on grant proposals today and every day to get some funding coming in to keep going. We might even start some door to door solicitation for money, blankets, and clothing donations. Everything is getting set to go.

I just wanted to give you an update on stuff going on and that we are moving forward. Hope Station USA has been incorporated ten years now and we are excited. Have a great day and do something nice for someone less fortunate today. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment