Sunday, February 17, 2019

2/17/2019 Status Update

Good morning everyone. I am pleased to inform you that we received our registration for the state of Georgia. It is a good day! Now, things can begin on a good note with fundraising and servicing the homeless here. We have lots of plans and I have been working on the fundamentals of a new program and getting the information ready to seek funding for the new program.

We, my husband and I, will be putting some of our own money away towards this program to show our support and everything will be laid out in black and white for everyone to see. I can also start setting up tables here in Georgia too to bring in some funding.

I am excited about this year because it will be a new beginning for Hope Station USA. Some other good news is that I have an agreement with my husband that if I do my treadmill every day and build up my time and endurance, get my weight down to two-hundred and thirty or less, and get medical clearance from my doctor, I will be doing a state walk for charity here in Georgia and then next year will be Florida and Tennessee.

I want to bring about the awareness that we have a serious issue with homelessness that needs our attention. These are human beings having a hard time in life and they need our compassion, respect, and help. Get to know these people in your local community. Buy them a cup of coffee or a burger and sit and talk with them.

I will have a book coming out in November on homelessness and with my walks, I will be sitting along the way with some of them getting their story and picture putting it inside the book so you can get to know these people for who they are and not what drugs or alcohol they are using.

Well, that is all the excitement for now, but I will have more in a few days when I come back and do another status update. Remember these are people too so do something nice for one today. My thoughts and prayers are out there with them. Take care and everyone be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment