Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Thinking of Those Sleeping in the Cold

It is supposed to be a Merry Christmas, but I can't help but think about those still sleeping out in the cold and most of them alone without family. I know a lot of them are out there by choice but a lot have no other choices to choose from. It saddens me on this day in particular because we are so busy sending money, clothing, and blankets overseas that we forget about the ones we have suffering here in our own backyards.

Everyone says that they are homeless because of drugs or alcohol, but that is mostly a coping mechanism to being out there in the streets. I was out there for two decades and no one wanted to give me a hand up because all they saw was a prostitute with a drug problem. One man took a chance on me and I have now been clean and street free for a decade now.

I have begun working on a campaign to help those wanting a better life off of the streets. It will take some time putting it together but I have begun the planning process before seeking the funding for it. I need to have all the ducks in a row before seeking funders and volunteers for the project. I am looking positively at it and that it will work to help many.

Should anyone care to help us out with funding now can make a donation on the site itself. We are in need of food and warm blankets for the homeless if you want to drop them by the Georgia address. Well, it is time to get things going and I am running a little late. You can also help out by going to brandidpayne.com and buying one of my books which a percentage of the royalties goes to Hope Station USA.

Well, have a Merry Christmas and please remember those still living out in the cold. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment