Monday, January 21, 2019

Status Update 1/21/2019

This has been a stressful week trying to get candles made for the flea market and then being rained out Saturday only to freeze while working it on Sunday. We sold a couple of candles for Hope Station but I will be setting up tables this week to begin in February. We will be going out to our local community here in Dalton to pass out bag lunches, hygiene kits, and some warm clothing.

I have been so busy that some things have been put aside until I was finished and now we are ready to get things going and moving forward. I have found my grant foundations list and will be working on getting some more funding in for our programs, but until then, we are doing the best we can do. There are so many out there who are afflicted by homelessness that not one organization can take it away but through a group of organizations and communities, we can make a difference in someone's life.

I have been placing ads for donations of food, clothing, and warm blankets and we are waiting to see if anyone responds. I feel like I need to get out in the streets to make a difference and I am thinking that might be the best way. We need a street outreach program that goes out and makes friends while giving them hope that their nightmare will end.

Many people assume that drugs and alcohol are what makes a person lose everything and be homeless when those are just the coping mechanisms of the shame and guilt that person is feeling. The loss of a job starts the ball rolling and when they begin losing everything, the drugs and alcohol make it feel better for a minute even though the issue will still be there but it makes them feel nothing for a few minutes. I know because I was once out there and the drugs took away my emotions so that I could just focus on surviving and not what I was feeling.

I hope everyone can understand that? Not everyone is as strong as another person when it comes to downfalls or loss of employment. Some just don't know how to deal with it and some have a mental illness which is another thing going against them. All these things make a person stuck in this nightmare and not knowing how to get out or wake up. I want to help them and even if I only help one person a day, that is thirty people a month and that is what I base our success on.

Well it is getting late and I need to get some other things done so I will wish everyone a blessed night and may you stay warm. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment