Sunday, March 3, 2019

3/3/2019 Status Update

Good morning everyone. First I want to send my thoughts and prayers out to those sleeping outside. I just wanted to give everyone an update. If you haven't noticed yet there is another page added to the site? It will be my journal and route taken during my walk. you can look there during my walk and see my progress as far as the route that I will be taking in case your in the area and want to say hello or get a picture with me. You will also see how many miles I have walked, my location, and any money raised during the walk. My husband will be at 5-mile checkpoints for me to take a break and posted up in case you have any donations you want to stop and drop off.

I look forward to this walk and meeting new people out there. I will be stopping to interview the homeless for a book that I will be writing in November. I am very excited about the walk and raising the money to assist them in getting off the streets and becoming working citizens again.

I got a GoFundMe account already in place and I have been working on the grant proposal to submit to certain foundations for funding the project. Things seem to be moving in the right direction this year and I am certain this will be our year for great things.

I just wanted to give you a quick update and will update you again in a few days. Take care and may God keep those living in the streets under his protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment